Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
The Human Body (How Exercise And Diet Helps Our Body)
Most of us know and appreciate how exercise and diet helps our body to stay healthy and work efficiently yet the British Heart Foundation reported that 20 million of us in the UK remain physically inactive. Looking at how we spend our day and how much of it we spend being active will help us to get the balance right and keep ourselves fit and well. Knowing how healthy eating and being active keeps the organs in our body functioning properly is also important for our children to understand.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- How our body is designed to move and be active with occasional rest periods.
- How we spend our time throughout the day and the amounts of activity and rest that we have.
- Naming organs in our body and knowing what these organs do.
- How a balanced diet and exercise helps different parts of our body and enables us to function.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Talk to your child about clubs or organisations that they might like to join to keep their body active and healthy.
- Encourage them to spend time outdoors with friends and family and build exercise, a good diet and fresh air into your family’s weekly routine.
- Ask your child what they know about the organs in the body, what they do and how a good diet and exercise can keep these working well for longer.
- Talk about how exercise and diet can have an effect on the mind to boost self-esteem, motivation and that feel-good factor!
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.