Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
The NHS (Why Is The NHS So Important To Everyone?)
Having a healthcare provider that we can depend on wherever we might fall ill in the UK is hugely reassuring to everyone. We know that there are doctors we can see for medical help and that if we need help in an emergency, we have access to this. We know that many of us would not be able to afford our own private medical insurance should we not have the NHS. Many in the UK are employed by the NHS. Losing this organisation would be a terrible loss for everyone in the UK.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- That the NHS is one of the largest employers in the UK.
- Without the NHS, many people would not be able to afford to pay for medical treatment.
- We can all support the work that the NHS does for instance by washing our hands when we enter medical centres to reduce the risk of diseases spreading or support fundraising events.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Talk to your child about how we look after our own health.
- Remind your child that although treatment and medical care is free, if we overuse the service or neglect our own responsibility to look after our own health, we may find that services are cut back meaning we may not get the treatment when we need it.
- Discuss the importance of only going to hospital in an emergency and that some medical advice can be given at the local pharmacy or over the phone on the NHS helpline (111).
- Remind them that the NHS is there to help everyone when they really need it and it’s important to look after ourselves and so helping the NHS save money and resources.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.