Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Power Of Negotiation (How To Negotiate Well)
Remembering who you’re negotiating with, your tone of voice and whether your negotiations are realistic are all important considerations to make. If we’re to negotiate well, we need to be prepared, have an opening offer, be prepared to bargain and then close down the negotiation to bring it to its conclusion so that everyone feels they have reached a beneficial outcome.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Remind your child that thinking carefully about who you’re negotiating with and respecting their feelings, beliefs, religion and customs is important.
- Asking somebody to negotiate about matters that are non-negotiable or unrealistic for them is pointless for everybody.
- For instance, negotiating with someone to try food that you’ve prepared which they cannot eat for religious reasons, is fruitless.
- Remind your child to consider their tone of voice when negotiating and to keep calm and avoid raising their voice or becoming aggressive.
- Model good negotiating skills to your child so that they’re likely to use these when they negotiate and practise negotiating techniques together.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.