Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Where Does My Food Come From? (Knowing How Our Food Is Produced)
Changing prices and availability of different foods that we import to the UK may become a greater consideration in the future for our food supply chain. This is why it’s important we know about the food we can produce in our own country including how it’s produced, where it comes from and whether we’re paying our farmers enough to be able to continue to provide us with the food items.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- How and where our food is produced and whether the cost of production, workers’ health and travel is justified.
- If the Animals that are farmed and eaten in this country can be traced so that we’re sure that we know where our food is coming from, animals welfare and that it’s safe to eat.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Look into common foods that you eat in your family, how they are produced and where they come from.
- Are there alternatives that are produced in the UK that you might consider buying?
- Find out more about Red Tractor foods and how these support British farmers.
- Support your local markets and farmers’ markets and buy meat, vegetables and fruit from the farmers themselves.
- Talk about the checks that are made on animals bred for food in the UK and discuss whether cheaper products from less reliable sources are better for us to buy in the long run.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.